In the Finnish creation myth the world begins as a vast ocean, upon which floats Ilmatar, the daughter of the sky. She floated alone for centuries, yearning for companionship, until the sea falls in love with her and impregnates her.
by anna zhigalov
by annah wootten-pineles (also annah hutchings)
1. charmingly or exquisitely beautiful.
2. having a beauty that appeals to the heart or mind as well as to the eye, as a person or a face.
3. delightful; highly pleasing: to have a lovely time.
4. of a great moral or spiritual beauty.
5. Informal: a beautiful woman, especially a show girl.
6. any person or thing that is pleasing, highly satisfying, or the like.
7. very well; splendidly.
Etymology: from Middle English luvelich, Old English luflīc, “amiable”.